Company And Job Brief:
HAWK RESCUE SERVICES provides event & industrial medical standby, field clinics, patient transport, Fire & Rescue services, emergency medical supplies, inventory checks and restocking. These services are provided on Vancouver Island and throughout the Province of BC. HAWK RESCUE SERVICES is a small family corporation and expanding daily.
HAWK RESCUE SERVICES
Part Time/On Call Position
Reporting to the CEO and the management of HAWK RESCUE SERVICES. The Paramedic is responsible for providing quality patient care in pre-hospital emergency situations in unique and challenging work environments.
- always act in a manner that protects the patient's dignity, safety, privacy and confidentiality
- ensure that patients are provided with immediate and professional on-site medical care and advise/arrange timely transport to medical care as needed
- adhere to all Medical Protocols and Treatment Guidelines of HAWK RESCUE SERVICES
- work within the EMALB scope of practice for professional levels of Paramedics
- be a patient advocate who can communicate and interact effectively with co-workers, other allied health care professionals and public safety partners
- maintain the station and facilities in tidy and clean working order
- be responsible for the safe operation of Mobile Treatment Centres (MTC) , Emergency Transport Vehicles (ETV) and other vehicles
- identifying issues, problems and concerns in the work environment to enhance service delivery and patient care
- report and take direction from the CEO and management of HAWK RESCUE SERVICES
- Current valid EMR, PCP or ACP license with the EMALB
- Valid Class 1, 2 or 4 BC Driver's License (or out of province equivalent) (Class 5 will be considered but not preferred)
- Current Driver's Abstract
Skills And Abilities:
- provide quality patient care in pre-hospital emergency situations
- ensure safe, proficient and efficient patient care and transportation
- maintain current knowledge and skill required for the position
- provide direction and supervise observers on car and/or trainees, as required
- safely operate a Mobile Treatment Centre (MTC) or Emergency Transport Vehicle (ETV) in all road and weather conditions
- effectively utilize defensive driving techniques with an emphasis on safe patient transport, as required
- ability to communicate effectively with patients, family and bystanders
- utilize medical training to properly triage patients for treatment and transport
- ability to read and write English
- respect the patient's privacy and confidentiality according to government legislation
- knowledge of WHMIS and Workplace Health and Safety Guidelines
Only applications submitted via the proper listed methods will be considered.
All applicants MUST complete the Employment Application and be submitted via our website: hawkrescueservices.ca/careers.
Applications will be accepted until a suitable candidates has been hired and the position is filled. Only suitable applicants will be contacted to move forward in the process.
HAWK RESCUE SERVICES is committed to equal opportunity employment and hires on the basis of merit. We encourage applications from all qualified individuals.
Job Types: Part-time, Casual