HRM is inviting applications for a term position (Up to 12 Month), of Fleet Asset Administrator
in Corporate Fleet. We encourage applications from qualified African Nova Scotians, racially visible persons, women in non-traditional positions, persons with disabilities and Aboriginal persons. HRM encourages applicants to self-identify.
Under the direction of the Coordinator, Corporate Fleet, the Fleet Asset Administrator will be responsible for timely and accurate data entry in our Fleet Management systems, Fleet Focus and SAP, and monitoring to ensure data integrity. The Fleet Asset Administrator will execute timely and accurate permits/registrations for all Corporate Fleet assets. They will also provide analysis, recommendations, and implementation support for process and technology enhancements leading to improved data reliability, reporting, and evidence-based decision making. They will provide high quality customer service in planning, executing, implementing and coordinating processes that support corporate objectives related to stewardship, accountability, and maintenance of all Corporate Fleet assets, which includes Municipal, Fire, and Police vehicles.DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
QUALIFICATIONSEducation and Experience:
- Creates and maintains vehicle and equipment master databases in Fleet Focus and SAP (where required) and ensures all process documentation is complete and accurate.
- Creates and maintains manual and system records (in SAP) and other areas required to support proper accounting, insurance coverage, and tracking of Corporate Fleet assets.
- Under the guidance of the Fleet management team, creates and maintains maintenance plans to facilitate planned maintenance functions, in accordance with vehicle/equipment manufacturers' specifications.
- Maintains related files in accordance with established HRM policies and procedures.
- Responsible for renewing license plates for all Corporate Fleet assets at the Registry of Motor Vehicles (RMV) office; maintains proper records in Fleet Focus; and ensures accuracy of registrations, financial transactions, and records.
- Coordinates the distribution of vehicle plates and registrations to appropriate Fleet garage staff.
- Prepares vehicles/equipment for surplus (auction or scrap) by ensuring process and forms are completed and data is accurate, updates Fleet Focus records, contacts auction company or procurement, completes documentation for RMV, and communicates necessary information to Fleet staff, internal clients, and Risk & Insurance.
- Creates monthly Surplus report for Fleet Coordinator/Manager for review.
- Maintains accident reporting process records and data, communicates information for replacement purposes, follows up on insurance recoveries, and ensures appropriate general ledger postings.
- Creates monthly Accident reports for Fleet Coordinator/Manager for review.
- In collaboration with Finance and Fleet staff, executes, validates, and provides periodic reports to support accurate general ledger postings for credit card charges (RMV transactions), accident claims, auction proceeds, and fuel transactions. Ensures all processes support timely processing and full audit trail; investigates and resolves discrepancies or queries.
- Prepares reports required by Fleet Manager, Fleet Coordinator, Superintendents, Supervisors and all fleet clients. Monitors reports for accuracy and reasonableness prior to release.
- Maintains tracking of fuel fobs and fuel purchasing cards.
- Ensures vendor documentations include information required for processing asset records at RMV. Communicates with vendors as required.
- Completes periodic audit of HRM and RMV records. Provides report to Fleet Coordinator/Manager
- Maintains vehicle/equipment warranty master data and related documentation, completes data entry, review and follow-up of outstanding claims, coordinates claim settlement processing with finance.
- Completes annual physical inventory count as various HRM locations.
- Adapts or develops process documentation and training materials associated with data administration.
- Delivers group and/or individual training sessions to fleet staff and clients on processes for communicating, requesting, and processing data changes and completing forms.
- Participates as a team member on various special projects / process change initiatives; providing research, analysis, recommendations, implementation and training support, as required.
- Develops procedures for file storage and security, in accordance with HRM and other regulatory agencies' requirements for document retention.
- Other related duties as assigned.
Technical / Job Specific Knowledge:
- Grade 12, plus successful completion of a recognized business course, preferably in business administration.
- Minimum of one year accounting related work experience.
- Minimum of one year experience in a fleet management environment with responsibilities for maintaining master data records and administering a warranty program.
Security Clearance Requirements:
- Proficiency in the use of computers and related software (Microsoft Office Suite, Word, Excel, Outlook) and database application tools.
- Working knowledge of Fleet Focus or similar fleet management system desired.
- Working knowledge of financial records and systems (SAP preferred), with demonstrated ability to interpret accounting, financial and statistical reports.
- Strong organizational skills and a sound understanding of data management best practices, fleet industry specific would be an asset.
- Strong oral and written communication skills.
- Ability to handle ongoing relationship with RMV and process high cost and volume transactions.
- Thorough knowledge of HRM policies and procedures.
- Must be extremely detailed oriented.
- Class 5 Driver's license is required and access to a vehicle
Applicants may be required to complete an employment security screening check.Please note -
Testing will be conducted as a component of the selection process to assess technical and job specific knowledge. Candidates, who are selected for testing, may be tested in a group setting, scheduled at the employer's discretion.COMPETENCIES:
Analytical Thinking, Communication, Customer Service, Managing Change, Networking/Relationship Building, Organisational Awareness, Organisation and Planning, and Valuing DiversityWORK STATUS: TemporaryHOURS OF WORK:
8:00 a.m. to 4:00 p.m, Monday to Friday; 35hrs/week. Overtime may be required.SALARY:
$25.86 per hour, Level 5 NSUPE Collective AgreementWORK LOCATION:
150 Thornhill Drive, Burnside, DartmouthCLOSING DATE:
Applications will be received up to midnight on November 20, 2018.
This is a bargaining unit position. External applicants will only be considered if there are no qualified bargaining unit candidates.Please note:
We thank all applicants for their interest in this position. Only those applicants selected for interview/testing will be contacted.
During the recruitment process, applicants have the right to request an accommodation. Applicants invited to participate in an assessment process (such as an interview or testing) and who require accommodation, should discuss their needs with the Recruiter when invited to the assessment process.
Qualified HRM retirees may also be considered for competitions. In these circumstances, a form of employment may be offered, including term and/or contract employment