A mutual funds company located in Boston, MA has a paid summer internship opportunity available.
The intern would assist the Portfolio Manager of a $1.1 billion Municipal High Yield Fund with a variety of responsibilities including:
- Building models and analyzing specific municipal sectors,
- Providing buy/sale/hold recommendations on investment opportunities, and
- Traveling to specific project sites to analyze investment opportunities.
The ideal candidate is a pre-MBA student concentrating in one of the following disciplines: finance, economics, mathematics, or accounting. Some of the necessary skills that the candidate must possess include:
- A facility with building Excel spreadsheet models,
- Strong analytical skills,
- Strong oral presentation and communication skills,
- Teamwork skills, and
- Must be a self-starter.