Founded in June 2010, Alliance Freeze Dry Ltd. ("AFD") is a Canadian-registered manufacturer and trader, specialized in the research, design, and development of all types of freeze-dried pet products. We are located in Langley, B.C., with convenient transportation access. Dedicated to creating a healthy lifestyle, AFD advances the Freeze-Dry industry with its unique business model and strong innovation capacity and is building a global leading supply chain of freeze-dried products. Currently, our products have spread across North America, and are growing quickly in the pet food market. We now have over 70 employees. Through the efforts of our entire staff, we have built up a complete value chain with 5 subsidiaries:
* Canature Processing Ltd.: The supply chain management company in the pet food group, focusing on "Business".
* AFD Processing Ltd. : The freeze-dry plant
* Canature Kitchen: The freeze-dry plant
* NaturalPET Innovation Ltd.: The wet meat processing plant
* SuperPET Nutrition Ltd.: The packaging plant
The VP R&D (Research and Development) is responsible for the effective management of all aspects of R&D and quality control. This includes oversees and supervises all development and innovation efforts and quality control by the company and ensure continuous improvement and productivity initiatives. The VP R&D collaborates with the executive team to ensure that activities with R&D and quality control are aligned with the company's goals and objectives.
* Lead the research and development teams to create products that enhance the company's reputation as a provider of innovative, premium pet foods.
* Work in collaboration with key internal partners to set the strategic direction for the company's research and new product development initiatives. Supervise and inspect the relevant implementations.
* Supervise the implementation of innovation and R&D plan, including annual fundamental researches, technological innovation, new product R&D plan, and technological renovation plan.
* Develop processes that facilitate improved quality, quantity and pace of product development.
* Review and monitor production and quality control measures, targets and results, identifying areas of concern, shortfalls, areas for improvement and implements continuous improvement strategies. Develop methods to measure outcomes and determine solutions.
* Actively participate in and oversee the implementation and review of ISO 9001, ISO 22000, HACCP and other quality process standards and implement ongoing quality improvement processes.
* Develop and demonstrate extensive current knowledge of research and product development issues, opportunities, and other external trends that impact the product line.
* Promote corporate and/or project research activities and capabilities to potential collaborators, sponsors, partners, academic institutions, and the scientific community.
* Initiate and/or participate in activities that promote the company's research, such as conferences and scientific meetings.
* Direct the development of support materials and scientific papers for publication on the company's website and for use in distributor and retailer training programs.
* Liaise with other corporate functional areas regarding product ingredients, to increase awareness of changes or improvements to existing products, and to address day-to-day issues. Provide technical support during sales and marketing, procurement, production and quality control process.
* Supervise the management and operation of the Detection Lab and relevant device and measuring instrument.
QUALIFICATION & EXPERIENCE
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent