Are you passionate about reaching new heights, teamwork and making a meaningful contribution? Do you picture yourself as a valued member of an industry-leading organization? If you answered yes to these questions, Air Canada is seeking enthusiastic individuals to join the diverse and vibrant team working together to lead the growth and expansion of Canada’s flag carrier.
Air Canada is poised to take advantage of the technologies of the future to become the Artificial Intelligence employer of choice in Canada. We plan to be one of the most proactive and ambitious participants in AI Adoption in Canada by 2021.
Are you a visionary, ready to leap into the future? Are you passionate about reaching new heights, teamwork and making a meaningful contribution? Do you picture yourself a valued member of an industry-leading organization? Air Canada is seeking enthusiastic individuals to join the diverse and vibrant team working together to lead the growth and expansion of Canada’s flag carrier.
As a Data Scientist - Artificial Intelligence at Air Canada, you will drive and support the evolution of the use of Artificial Intelligence solutions within the organization to satisfy the needs of agility and strategic business growth as well as model data to analyze and develop strategic insights that can help make effective decisions and drive growth of the organization.
This position will be reporting to the Manager, Artificial Intelligence
- Accountable for the manipulation of complex and extremely varied data sets within Air Canada and external sources to solve real world problems
- Design, develop and evaluate innovative models, data science products and solutions for internal clients as well as for our data science team
- Oversee the day-to-day operations including the testing and maintenance of data science solutions
- Write highly optimized code to advance our internal Data Science Toolbox and practice
- Work in a multi-disciplinary environment with specialists in machine learning, data engineering and design and provide acquired expertise in these areas
- Ensure the optimization of data science models, including feature selection and build, using different techniques in the data science toolbox
- Accountable for the integrity of Air Canada’s data extended to third party sources
- Ensure the continued enhancement of data collection procedures, including information that is relevant for the building analytical solutions
- Accountable for the integrity of data used for analysis and modeling
- Develop automated processes for large scale data analysis
- Provide technical guidance to junior members of the team
- MSc or PhD level in the field of Computer Science, Machine Learning, Applied Statistics, or Mathematics
- Certified Analytics Professional (CAP) certification preferred
- 5 to 9 years of experience as a data scientist or in a similar role
- Experience in statistical modelling and machine learning techniques
- Excellent understanding of machine learning techniques and algorithms, such as k-NN, Naive Bayes, SVM, Decision Forests, etc.
- Experience with common data science toolkits, such as Scikit learn, Azure ML, R, Weka, NumPy, MatLab,etc
- Programming experience in at least two of the following languages: R, Python, Scala, SQL
- Experience in applying data science methods to business problems
- Experience in applying advanced analytical and statistical methods in the commercial world
- Strong presentation and communication skills, with the ability to explain complex analytical concepts to people from other fields
- Knowledge of distributed computing
- Experience with data visualization tools such as D3.js, GGplot, etc.
- Proficiency in using query languages such as SQL, Hive, Pig
- Experience with NoSQL databases, such as MongoDB, Cassandra, HBase
- Good applied statistics skills, such as distributions, statistical testing, regression, etc.
- Good scripting and programming skills
- Data-oriented personality
Based on equal qualifications, preference will be given to bilingual candidates.Diversity and Inclusion
Air Canada is strongly committed to Diversity and Inclusion and aims to create a healthy, accessible and rewarding work environment which highlights employees’ unique contributions to our company’s success.
As an equal opportunity employer, we welcome applications from all to help us build a diverse workforce which reflects the diversity of our customers, and communities, in which we live and serve.
Air Canada thanks all candidates for their interest; however only those selected to continue in the process will be contacted.